Trappist Monastery, Guimaras

by - Friday, March 02, 2018





What makes this visit to this place different from the other church I visited? Trappist is a branch of Cictercian order of monks. This Trappist Monastery in Guimaras run by monks follow the rule of  St. Benedict and are best known for the extreme austerity. 





--------------------------------------------------
Book your trip with Booking.com! It's safe and can guarantee low price!
--------------------------------------------------




It was raining hard the previous day of my stay in Western Visayas, specifically in Antique, but during my visit to Guimaras it became sunny but eventually rains when I'm on my way back to the port where I stop at this monastery. I wasn't ablet to explore much because of the weather and I didn't bring any umbrella with me. My tricycle driver slash tour guide happens to forgot his umbrella during our visit at the lighthouse.




The monks that lives here earn a living by selling souvenir items and processed foods such as jams, candies, and many more which are sold also at the grounds of the monastery.




The grounds is so peaceful and quiet. If only the rain didn't fall too bad that day I could have explored more this grounds.





















The Trappist Monastery is located at Jordan. To reach the place, once alighted at the port of Guimaras, tourism office situated there can help you arrange a transportation going to the place. Its so good to visit new places we know nothing about!

You May Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for the wonderful message!